Today I have the great pleasure of being the host on Day 11 of the Virtual Blog Tour of author Charlene M. Proctor whose book The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You launches on Amazon on Tuesday April 24, 2012.
Charlene M. Proctor, Ph.D. is an ordained Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking and a "Deeksha" facilitator trained by the oneness guides from Fiji and India. She is the bestselling author of Let Your Goddess Grow! 7 Spiritual Lessons on Female Power and Positive Thinking and The Women's Book of Empowerment: 323 Affirmations That Change Everyday Problems Into Moments of Potential. Her Midwestern sensibility and spiritual approach to self-empowerment has helped thousands awaken to their Divine magnificence within.
Author Charlene M. Proctor, Ph.D. has written a new book that brings us back to the Essence of true spirituality. The book, entitled The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You, is a rich mix of science, spirituality and mysticism that transcends the boundaries of religion, and uplifts the reader to that place of Oneness. An ordained Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking and a Deeksha facilitator trained by the oneness guides from Fiji and India, Charlene's mission in life is to help awaken to their Divine magnificence within all humanity.
Yesterday, Charlene visited Callie Carling at http://createavity.edublogs.org/2012/04/20/charlene-proctor/, where they talked about "The dark night of the soul," grace and our biggest diseases.
Today, I'd like to share with you a recent interview I had with Charlene when I got to ask her some questions on living joyfully, ancient mind and unconditional love. I hope you enjoy it.
Andrew Mondia: What does it mean to live a life of joy?
Charlene M. Proctor: When we filter life through old programming, we cannot experience joy. Most suffering, or blockage to joy, is caused by a lack of present moment awareness. We are living in the past or the future and we carry too much worry and emotional baggage.
Here are five easy tips to experience more joy in your life:
- Make room in your life for joy. Allow yourself to experience what makes you sad. Do you miss a loved one? Go ahead and think and talk about them. Although it may bring sadness, don’t fight those feelings. This is part of the healing process that helps you move forward (instead of managing your suffering) so you can enjoy yourself now and not live in the past. Give yourself permission to talk about people you love or miss. Go ahead and grieve, miss a lost job, or acknowledge the tough times. Then give yourself permission to move forward.
- Live now. When you dredge up fear, self-doubt, regret, worries and old emotions you are living in the past. In order to experience joy and improve your current situation you need to accept where you are, at this very moment because you cannot be anywhere else. Replace fear with gratitude for what you have and bring in the energy of love. Anchor yourself in the here and now.
- Think like a child. Children live for the moment. Even kids with cancer find something to smile about because they live one day at a time. They cannot think ahead to the future, and they stay centered in each day. We can learn a lot from them.
- Enjoy the simple things. Simple acts are joyful. You cannot be an awakened individual until you take pleasure in the smallest of things: a sip of coffee, noticing nature around you, watching a movie. Practice. You’ll be surprised what a difference in makes in your day.
- Find your passion. There must be something that makes you very happy. It could be cooking, singing, painting, dancing, or anything that helps you grow. Joy is healthy and infectious and when we are fully immersed in a joyful activity those vibrations project outward. If you are being joyful, it will uplift everyone in the vicinity.
True joy is deeper than any sorrow, stronger than any disappointment. Trust the power within to help me overcome sorrow, anger or grief, to remind me that life is good. Each day awaken to joy!
Andrew Mondia: What is the Ancient Mind?
Charlene M. Proctor: There is only One Mind. It sounds quirky, but there is only one mind. Our individual brains are separate within our bodies and the details of our minds are separate, for example, what I prefer, what I like to eat for breakfast, what I think about in my work, or my favorite color. These thoughts are my thoughts, but I am not thinking anything new that someone else has not thought of a thousand years ago. I have the same fears, emotions, grief, pain that someone has had. We all have experienced the same suffering, it is not unique.
The Mind wants us to create all kinds of concepts and beliefs about our suffering so it can constantly perpetuate itself. It does not exist without all that chatter. The mind contains the flow of thoughts, emotions, concepts, beliefs, the past and viewpoints, but it also contains fear, jealousy, judgment, or the quest for significance. The Mind is meant to compare, that is the Mind’s job. And it works the same for every individual in the world.
The Mind is means to be a tool, something to help us distinguish, compare, and decide. But instead of making friends with the Mind, we’ve let it run amok. It won’t shut up. We have forgotten how to be quiet, and be engaged in what we are doing or experiencing. Instead, we are caught up in the concept our belief systems, comparisons, or analysis. We need the mind as a great organizer and tool, but it should be working for us, not running our lives. It is up to us to get it under control, be friends with it, and be aware of what it is designed to do.
So, when life becomes overwhelming, remember you can never be free of the Mind, you must become free WITH IT. It always creates a sense of separation, which is where all suffering begins, so first recognize how it is flavoring your present day reality, and just SEE.
Only then will you learn to love the experience of life, free from conditioning and negativity. Nothing is truly falling apart or uncertain; it is the sense of separation the Mind wants you to see. When you can embrace that thought, and replace uncertainty with love, life will seem better, and all as it should be.
Andrew Mondia: What is unconditional love?
Charlene M. Proctor: Unconditional love is a complete disengagement from the judging mind, and seeing God, or the light, in another individual. To love another person unconditionally means that you see past their conditioning, behaviors, and old programming and love the Divinity within that person. You are not loving the person, or the separate individual, you are recognizing the spark of God, or the Divine substance, in that person, which is really seeing yourself as a reflection of Spirit.
© Charlene M. Proctor Ph.D. The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You. All Rights Reserved.
I hope you enjoyed this interview with Charlene M. Proctor and that you’ll check out her book The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You at http://onenessgospel.com/book-launch/pages/pre-launch.html
When you sign up for a reminder, you'll receive:
- A FREE pass to attend Charlene's inspiring "Your Journey to Joy Webinar" taught by Charlene and presented by best-selling author Lynn Serafinn. On this uplifting and informative webinar, Charlene will talk about how we develop our belief in separation and suffering, how those beliefs get stored as trauma in the body, and how to change your inner reality so you can experience JOY in every aspect of your life.
THEN…When you buy The Oneness Gospel on Tuesday April 24th, 2012, you'll also receive:
- The MP3 download from the "Your Journey to Joy Webinar" AND
- An invitation to "Twelve Principles for Becoming a Divine Human", a special online discussion with Charlene AND
- A complete library of beautiful, downloadable gifts from authors, speakers, coaches and other enlightened professionals from around the globe.
To request a launch reminder so you'll remember to pick up
The Oneness Gospel on Tuesday April 24th,
and receive all these beautiful gifts, go to:
Thanks for reading! As usual, please feel free to share your comments and thoughts below. I love reading your feedback.
AND… be sure to follow Charlene tomorrow when the next stop on the Virtual Blog Tour is Edee Conrad, who will be interviewing Charlene on "The dark night of the soul," ancient mind and increasing awareness. To visit that "stop" on the tour, go to http://edeeconrad.com/virtual-interview-with-charlene-proctor